Saturday, February 7, 2009

character-building

I just read Danny Cho's blog and realised the importance of parental smackdown (and also that he is one hardcore dude. READ). He said that he knows that he deserved the beatings he received as a child and I thought that it was pretty true.

Imagine life is a video game, not some pussy game like Mario, where all you need to make your life better is mushrooms and all the protection you need is magic stars but more like a combination of GTA: San Andreas and Second Life, you know really RAW and whatnot. In this game you do all the normal life crap-get born, get some, age, etc but your parents never hit you. So one day when you're ... I don't know ... leaving your graduation from Uni and -let's just go with extremes here - you've finished your dual degree in law/medicine (I hear they are starting to offer this parents' wet dream package deal at some institutes) and you're truly a very easily scared meowface. So you turn to go to your car and some stranger shanks you. You are dead. As you're dying you probably wish your dad was an alcoholic, or that your mother loved you enough to hate you enough to hurt you whenever you failed. Too late.

On the other hand. If your life played out the other way you could always have ended up being the one doing the shanking. Then you go to jail. GG

That's why I think they say everything is good in moderation
lol I guess I'll be an okay person because of my upbringing ... but I'm pretty sure saying things like "what my parents did was right" when you're still a kid is going against the rules. Besides I'm almost old enough to admit they were sometimes right.


btw I love mario, it was my mum and my favourite video game growing up

3 comments:

  1. phew im still glad you like mario!
    =O
    otherwise i would have felt terrible forgetting you a t-shirt you didnt really like. =(


    ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Oh Mario, if only I could control everyone like I do you."

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a 8 year course that will leave you $100000+ in debt =]

    not that i know >__>


    mylinh

    ReplyDelete